St. Petersburg, FL
Salary: $12.00 /hour
The Laboratory Technician will be a critical team member to promote United Tissue Network’s (UTN) mission to empower people who want to make a difference through whole-body donation by uniting them with professionals dedicated to the advancement of medical technology, training and education.
United Tissue Network is a whole-body donation organization. Please visit our website for company information, www.unitedtissue.org.
The Technician will report to the Laboratory Supervisor and assist with daily operations. The Technician will complete proper paperwork in compliance with AATB standards and UTN protocols.
- 2 years medical/laboratory experience, and/or Associates degree in related area
- Detail oriented
- A professional, results oriented attitude
- Strong analytical/decision making skills
- Good documentation skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with other team members
- Plans and carries out responsibilities with minimal direction
- Handles stressful situations and deadline pressures well
- High level of initiative and works well in a team environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Technical competence (understand software, hardware, networks, etc.)
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures
- Cleans the lab and shipping work spaces including laundry
- Performs donor intake process
- Performs the tissue recovery process
- Performs tissue repossessing
- Performs the shipment of tissue orders
- Performs Inventory Maintenance
- Scheduling the shipment of tissue orders
- Releasing donor remains to be cremated
- Shipping cremated remains back to family
- Completing and maintaining facility maintenance log
- Other duties as assigned
To find out more about our company please visit www.unitedtissue.org
*Hours of operation Mon-Fri, work schedule can fluctuate, some Saturdays my be required.
Benefits available after mandatory introductory period, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, and paid vacation time.
When applying please include a resume and pay requirements.