Salary: $10.00 to $12.00 /hour
The Assistant Laboratory Technician will be a critical team member to promote United Tissue Network’s (UTN) mission to empower people who want to make a difference through whole-body donation by uniting them with professionals dedicated to the advancement of medical technology, training and education.
United Tissue Network is a whole-body donation organization. Please visit our website for company information, www.unitedtissue.org.
The Assistant Laboratory Technician is expected to assist with the facility maintenance, tissue recovery and distribution processes.
- 2 years medical/laboratory experience a plus
- Detail oriented; good documentation skills
- Strong analytical/decision making skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with other team members
- A professional results-oriented attitude
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Technical competence (understand software, hardware, networks, etc.)
- Plans and carries out responsibilities with minimal direction
- Handles stressful situations and deadline pressures well
- High level of initiative and works well in a team environment
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures
- Cleans the lab and shipping work spaces including laundry
- Assists with donor intake process
- Assists during the recovery of tissue process
- Assists with tissue repossessing
- Assists in the shipment of tissue orders
- Assists with Inventory Maintenance
- Perform the donor intake
- Perform facility maintenance functions
- Releasing donor remains to be cremated
- Shipping cremated remains back to family
To find out more about our company please visit www.unitedtissue.org
*Hours of operation are 8am-4:30 M-F. Schedule may fluctuate, some Saturdays may be required.
Benefits available after mandatory introductory period, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, and paid vacation time.
When applying please include a resume and pay requirements.