The Assistant Laboratory Technician will be a critical team member to promote United Tissue Network’s (UTN) mission to empower people who want to make a difference through whole-body donation by uniting them with professionals dedicated to the advancement of medical technology, training and education.
United Tissue Network is a whole-body donation organization. Please visit our website for company information, www.unitedtissue.org.
The Assistant Technician will report to the Laboratory Supervisor and assist with daily operations. Assistant Technician is expected to assist with the facility maintenance, tissue recovery, and distribution processes.
- Support the mission, vision, values of the United Tissue Network. Perform the initial donor intake
- Perform the donor physical assessment, blood draws, and assist with tissue recovery as needed
- Shipping tissue orders
- Releasing donor remains to be cremated
- Thoroughly and consistently complete all documentation with a high standard and an attention to detail.
- Availability for before/after hours and weekend laboratory duties when needed.
- Perform facility maintenance functions
- Proper disposal of tissue returned from customers
- Shipping cremated remains back to the donor’s family
- Be accountable to themselves and their teammates for achieving personal and departmental standards and goals.
- Utilize safe practices and maintain a clean working environment.
- Possess an Associate’s in a related area or 2+ years of experience in a medical related field
- Strong knowledge of human/gross anatomy
- Experience in healthcare, business, or related discipline
- Strong analytical/decision making skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with other team members
- A professional results-oriented attitude
- Has flexibility to handle the challenges of a changing environment
- Possess uncompromising integrity
- Be able to lift 50+ pounds
*Hours of operation are 8am-4:30 M-F. Benefits available after mandatory introductory period, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, and paid vacation time.
When applying please include a resume and pay requirements.