Saint Petersburg, FL
The Laboratory Operations Supervisor oversees the day to day operations of the laboratory, the workflow of facility maintenance, tissue recovery, reprocessing, and shipping while ensuring compliance with standard operating procedures.
United Tissue Network is a whole-body donation organization. Please visit our website for company information, www.unitedtissue.org.
The Lab Operations Supervisor will report to the Laboratory Operations Manager and assist with daily operations. The Technician will complete proper paperwork in compliance with AATB standards and UTN protocols.
- 3 years medical/laboratory experience, possesses an Associate’s degree in related area, a Bachelor’s degree in related area a plus
- Possess an understanding of Human Anatomy as it pertains to the function and quality of medical specimens
- Detail oriented, professional results-oriented attitude
- Good documentation skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with other team members
- Plans and carries out responsibilities with minimal direction
- Handles stressful situations and deadline pressures well
- High level of initiative and work well in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven Account Management skills required in order to create, maintain, and enhance customer relationships
- Technical competence (understand software, hardware, laboratory facilities, methods, equipment, and materials, etc)
- Motivated, goal oriented, persistent, and a skilled negotiator
- Organize daily workflow to ensure compliance and performance are met in the laboratory location
- Maintain the building and building maintenance in the designated laboratory function
- Monitor specimen consistency to standards and oversee specialty recoveries as defined for their site
- Makes personnel shifts when necessary to accommodate fluctuating workloads
- Counsels employees with regard to problems encountered in daily operations
- Orients employees as to their responsibilities and the function of the facility
- Performing and overseeing the recovery and distribution of all tissue
- Maintains telephone communication with various agencies and individuals to maintain a steady workflow
- Assists with establishing and maintaining vendor relationships
- Assists with training of employees
- Perform Laboratory functions as needed to maintain efficiency and quality
- Assist with creating and amending Quality System changes
Hours of operation Mon-Fri, 8am – 4:30pm work schedule can fluctuate, Some Saturdays required.
Benefits available after mandatory introductory period, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, and paid vacation time.
Salary will depend on experience. Position has annual bonus opportunity.
When applying please include a resume and pay requirements.
Job Type: Full-time