**Annual Bonus Potential**
The Laboratory Operations Manager will be a critical team member to promote United Tissue Network’s (UTN) mission to empower people who want to make a difference through whole-body donation by uniting them with professionals dedicated to the advancement of medical technology, training and education.
The Laboratory Operations Manager implements the goals and objectives of the laboratory operations department. The Laboratory Operations Manager oversees all functions of the laboratory operations department including facility maintenance, tissue recovery, reprocessing, shipping, Quality System functions, training, and human resource needs.
United Tissue Network is a whole-body donation organization. Please visit our website for company information, www.unitedtissue.org.
The Laboratory Operations Manager will complete proper paperwork in compliance with AATB standards and UTN protocols.
- 4 years medical/laboratory and 4 years management/supervisor experience, possesses a Bachelor’s degree in related area
- A detailed, professional, and results-oriented attitude with strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with other team members
- Knowledge of the American Association of Tissue Bank (AATB), Uniform Anatomical Gift Act (UAGA), International Air Transport Associate (IATA), and disposition and transport rules and regulations
- Plans and carries out responsibilities with minimal direction
- High level of initiative and work well in a team environment
- Strong project management skills. Able to balance competing priorities, complex situations, and tight deadlines
- Proven direct management experience with large-scale initiatives involving significant dollar amounts and implications, a large staff, and involving diverse stakeholder groups
- Technical competence (understand software, hardware, networks, etc.)
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills
- Motivated, goal oriented, persistent, and a skilled negotiator
- Systematically cultivates and maintains long-term, collaborative relationship with key stakeholders and with selected organizations to achieve mutual goals
- Day to day management of laboratory operations
- Ability to perform and train employees on all day to day laboratory functions including but not limited to: donor intake, tissue recovery, reprocessing orders, shipping orders, releasing donors to be cremated and shipping remains back to the family.
- Develops innovative initiatives to enhance internal efficiency and effectiveness
- Supports senior directors through strategic and operational planning guidance and by ensuring that required infrastructure and support services are in place
- Implements annual strategic objectives including revenue and budget targets
- Ensures compliance, reviews, identifies, investigates, and resolves Quality Improvement Reports, internal audit findings, and external audit findings.Makes SOP changes as needed.
- Assists with the development, maintenance and monitoring of organizational plans
- Assists with the development and management of integrated, strategy aligned departmental work plans
- Assists with the development and management of the annual operating and capital budgets
- Willingness to travel
To find out more about our company please visit www.unitedtissue.org
*Hours of operation Mon-Fri, work schedule can fluctuate, some Saturdays my be required.
Benefits available after mandatory introductory period, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, and paid vacation time. Position has annual bonus opportunity.
When applying please include a resume, pay requirements and a cover letter
Salary will depend on experience.