Phoenix, AZ 85040
Salary: $14.00 to $16.00 /hour
Assistant Laboratory Technician
United Tissue Network is looking for candidates that are highly motivated and interested in gaining experience in a medical related field. Company provides great opportunities for professional development and career growth. The Assistant Laboratory Technician is expected to assist with the facility maintenance, tissue recovery and distribution processes.
United Tissue Network is a whole-body donation organization. Please visit our website for company information, www.unitedtissue.org.
- Performing the initial donor intake
- Performing the donor physical assessment, blood draws, and assist with tissue recovery as needed
- Shipping tissue orders
- Releasing donor remains to be cremated
- Shipping cremated remains back to the donor’s family
- Proper disposal of tissue returned from customers
- Thoroughly and consistently completing all documentation with a high standard and an attention to detail.
- Performing facility maintenance functions
- Utilizing safe practices and maintain a clean working environment.
- Strong knowledge of human/gross anatomy
- Strong analytical/decision making skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with other team members
- A professional results-oriented attitude
- Has flexibility to handle the challenges of a changing environment
- Possess uncompromising integrity
- Be able to lift 50+ pounds
This is a full-time position. Hours of operation are 8am-4:30pm M-F. Availability for before/after hours and weekend laboratory duties when needed. Benefits available after mandatory introductory period, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, and paid vacation time.